Georgetown University is certified by the Brazilian Department of Education (Ministério de Educação e Cultura-MEC) and the National Institute for Research in Education (Instituto Nacional de Estudos e Pesquisas Educacionais Anísio Teixeira-INEP) to administer Celpe-Bras, the official Brazilian Portuguese Proficiency exam for non-native speakers of Brazilian Portuguese. The exam is administered twice a year in the fall and spring semesters for a fee of $100.
For information on the exam click here.
INEP has released the general calendar for this year’s exams:
2020/1 Celpe-Bras Exam
- Official Announcement — April 1-15, 2020
- Registration and Approval — by May 8th, 2020
- 2020/1 Celpe-Bras Exam — June 1-15, 2020
- Results — by August 7th, 2020
2020/2 Celpe-Bras Exam
- Official Announcement — July 15-31, 2020
- Registration and Approval — by August 28th, 2020
- 2020/1 Celpe-Bras Exam — October 15-31, 2020
- Results — by December 15-31, 2020
You may register at: http://celpebras.inep.gov.br/inscricao/#!/index
After registering at the Celpe-Bras website, please contact Michael J. Ferreira at email@example.com for information about the exam day procedure.
The exam fee is $100.00 to be paid by check to Georgetown University Celpe-Bras Exam.
Please send your payment to the following address:
Dr. Michael J. Ferreira
C/o Celpe-Bras Exam
Department of Spanish & Portuguese — ICC 403
3700 O Street NW
Washington, DC 20057
We recommend tracking via USPS or Fedex.