Summer in Lisbon Study Abroad Info Session
Georgetown in Lisbon: Art, History, Language, and Society
December 5, 2019
4:00 – 4:50 PM
Director: Professor Vivaldo Santos
Learn about the city of Lisbon through its history and architecture. Combine intensive coursework focused on the relationships between the history, culture, and language of your host city with intensive language immersion.
The program includes several organized excursions designed to engage you with all major course topics as well as to explore the culture and history of your host country in a direct, hands-on manner. Engaging with Portuguese peers from host university Universidade Católica de Portugal (UCP) is a key program component.
- Prerequisites for PORT-050: Completed at least one year of college-level Spanish or equivalent
- Prerequisites for PORT-101: Completed at least the intermediate college-level Portuguese or equivalent
- Program Length: 4 weeks
- May 29, 2020 – June 30, 2020
- Housing: Single or double occupancy room in housing near the campus
- Minimum GPA: 2.7
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Number of credits: 6 credits